• Home
  • |
  • Blog
  • |
  • Arizona Alcohol Laws: What, Where, When

Arizona Alcohol Laws: What, Where, When

Posted by:

Cara Pahoyo | August 9, 2017 | 0

Arizona Alcohol Laws: What, Where, When

Whether you are a consumer or seller, it is important to know the alcohol laws because they all vary wherever you go. If you are becoming a Server in Arizona, here are some of the alcohol laws you should be aware of before starting out:

  • Licensed businesses can serve liquor between 6 a.m. to 2 a.m. In 2010, Sunday was included into this schedule.
  • What is still known in every state, the legal drinking age is 21
  • Someone who is underage can be present at a bar with a spouse, parent, or legal guardian, however they are not allowed to consume any of the alcohol. Also, if an underage person is an employee of the business, they can be present there as well.
  • Someone who is evidently intoxicated is only allowed to stay 30 minutes from the time that it was known this person was intoxicated. The set time is 30 minutes to find transportation for the intoxicated individual.
  • A retail licensee is not allowed to hold drinking contests or provide an individual with an unlimited amount of alcoholic drinks during any set time for a set price because it is illegal. No more than fifty ounces of beer, one liter of wine, or four ounces of distilled spirits is allowed to be given to consumers in a set time period.
  • A customer needs a valid I.D when asked by the establishment if they want to be served alcohol.
  • Customers of licensed businesses are not allowed to liquors in open containers between 2:30 a.m. to 6 a.m.

Some Tips

If a customer looks like a teenager, but they have a valid I.D, you do not have to worry about serving them alcohol. However, you do have to watch out for fake I.Ds and forgeries. If you suspect someone is a minor, you can deny them service. There are penalties for serving alcohol to minors, but no penalties for denying them service.

Intoxicated Person Leaving

If someone is intoxicated and they are wanting to drive home, you should not physically detain them from leaving the establishment. However, you should persuade them to find other modes of transportation. If they do not listen to that advice and they do end up driving, you can contact the authorities who know how to handle these situations.


Even though some may have higher tolerances than others, and they do not seem intoxicated, they can still be impaired. With a BAC of .08% or higher, they are unsafe to drive. Look out for signs of intoxication through holding conversations or significant mood changes.

What is Arizona Food Handler Card?

Essentially, if you plan to work in the alcohol service industry and need an Alcohol Seller or Server Certificate, you can get it through them. You can pay for a training course that is $25, where you are trained in the specific, detailed alcohol laws.

How to Get Arizona Food Handler Card?

If you want to know how to get the Arizona Food Handler Card, you can visit their website, which gives you step by step information about what you need to get certified. See below for the steps to enroll through Learn2Serve:

  1. Enroll in Learn2Serve’s ANSI-Accredited Arizona Food Handler Training Program
  2. Pass the Exam

After the training course, there is quiz you must pass with a 75% or higher in order to be awarded the certificate. You have the ability to take the test twice, in case you didn’t pass it the first time. Without this certificate, you are not legally allowed to sell alcohol in any premise, and legal consequences will ensue.

  1. Get Arizona Food Handler Training Card

After passing the exam, your course credits will be reported to the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control. With this certificate, you can work as a bartender, bar back, server, a liquor store clerk and more.

Short URL: http://bit.ly/2fd7wpi

Leave A Response »